Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Toronto Mayoral Debate 2010



I will be voting at this years debate, for the first time ever, I think its important to get your vote in for who will be in charge of your city, its a new experience and can turn out in your favour. 
Friends of mine will not be voting, most of my friends are living in Quebec city, others live in Las Angelas California, for the ones currently living in Toronto, I believe they won't be voting, its not a particular priority or interest to them.  I can understand that because they all live with their parents, as do I, I'm simply voting because its something I can now do since I turned 19. I'm not taking it extremely seriously but I would be happy if the person I voted for was elected. The main issue in Toronto that i think the elected mayor should be focussing on is cutting TTC fares, and lowering the price of metro pass's.  The cost keeps getting higher and I think some people who take the TTC are finding it challenging to take this "cheaper way of transit" when the costs keep raising.

  Another issue I find equally as important is lowering the cost of gas, which has been rising extremely high over the past few years.

2 comments:

  1. I also think TTC costs need to be cut.
    fares are getting ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me sick when the fare prices go up again and again. We'll have to write letters to our new mayor Ford to make sure he does raise them again.

    ReplyDelete